Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#12


So it has been some time. QUITE a bit has occurred in the past month. I am living in Lawrence, KS now. I'm moved in. My time here in this house has mostly consisted of cooking a handsome amount of food, getting unbelievably high and canoodling with my new best friend, Ms.
Felis domesticus. The rest of my free time is spent either hunting for employment, going to class, or hanging out with the Barber. My life may not be exciting, but I'm comfortable and that's fine by me.

I'm getting some new ink tomorrow. A calla lilly on my forearm. Nothing too big. Just something simple. This will be my 5th tattoo. I'm downright addicted. Pictures will be posted eventually.

I have decided to start a post card collection. It's not very big thus far but with friends from so many places, I feel like it's quite possible to have a substantial amount by the end of the year. So, I know it's not likely that many people read this, but if anyone does, send me an email to liz_sax18@hotmail.com, and if I deem it safe, I'll give you my address and we can exchange post cards. And a pen-pal would be a lovely addition as well.

My voyage to Chicago was interesting. It was relaxing to say the least. I felt awfully pampered. I also made a delicious meal of shrimp scampi while I was there. I was very proud of how well it turned out. It was good to feel comfortable somewhere other than Kansas. I'll visit again soon.

I'm traveling back to Manhattan this weekend along with the Barber, carpooling and such. It's the Clumsy Cook's birthday this Monday so it will be festivities this weekend. I hope seeing my mother doesn't spark any ill-will between us. She's a firecracker.

Right now there just seems to be an endless list of things to do and I am truly moseying my way through it. I just haven't had much motivation to progress through things quickly. Cynicism can way you down a bit it seems. For now I'll just take my time as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment